FASD Summer Camp Scholarship Application
***Deadline for applications has been extended until Friday, May 11, 2018***
Apply for a Scholarship
MOFAS has been proud to offer summer camp scholarships annually for families impacted by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). Thanks to a generous grant from the Pohlad Family Foundation, MOFAS has the opportunity to help eligible families pay for a portion of residential, sleep-away summer camp. Families can choose from an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited camp in Minnesota. Please note that MOFAS does not endorse any camp.
Applications are due to Marissa Lang, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, May 11, 2018. Download the application here. If you would like a paper copy of the application, please call us at 651-917-2370 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- Youth ages 7-16 years old with confirmed or suspected prenatal alcohol exposure and their family members are eligible.
- We prioritize funding for youth that have not had a previous residential camp experience. A small number of second-time campers will be considered. Youth that have attended a residential camp more than twice are not eligible for a scholarship.
- The selected camp program must be residential of more than two nights AND have current accreditation from the ACA. Go to http://find.acacamps.org to search for accredited camps and see the step-by-step instructions below.
- Up to three youth per household may apply.
- Preference is given to families who have financial barriers that prevent their child(ren) from attending residential camp.
- Scholarships from MOFAS will not exceed more than $500 per camper for first-time campers and $300 per camper for second-time campers. Additional funding may be available from other sponsors.
- Scholarship recipients and their caregivers will be required to attend a pre-camp readiness session run by MOFAS.
- Submit your completed application to: Marissa Lang at email@example.com by Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
Find a Camp
Step 1: Go to http://find.acacamps.org and select the “Overnight” option and then click “Next”
Step 2: Click on “Location” then “State” and select “Minnesota” from the checklist. You can also choose other filters to screen your camp options on this page. When you’re done, click the “See Your Results”.
Step 3: Once your search results are displayed, you can filter them by their accreditation status to see only the accredited camps.
Step 4: Click on the camp name to learn more about the program.
This site is provided to families and professionals as an informative site on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). It is not intended to replace professional medical, psychological, behavioral, legal, nutritional or educational counsel. Reference to any specific agency does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by MOFAS.