Apply for a MOFAS Prevention Grant
FASD Prevention Grant Application
The Minnesota Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFAS) is committed to preventing prenatal alcohol exposure and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) by creating awareness of the risks associated with drinking alcohol while pregnant and increasing the number of people who plan their pregnancies and engage in healthy behaviors before becoming pregnant. This includes educating people that there is no known safe time to drink when pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant and that drinking alcohol while pregnant can impact fetal development. In support of this work, we seek applications from organizations serving communities in Minnesota to host public events focused on FASD prevention. For any questions about the FASD Prevention Grants please contact Sarah Brown, email@example.com or 651-917-2370.
- October 12, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. – Grant Applications Due
- December 2018 – Grant Recipients Announced
- January – June 2019 – Grant Time Frame
Documents Required for Application
- RFP (PDF version) or RFP (Word Doc version): This document includes eligibility information, application requirements, and grant application forms. If applying online and you would like to know the information you’ll need to submit your application, please read this first.
- Budget Worksheet (Excel): This Excel file is required to apply, you can upload during your online application.
- Most current financial statement- Acceptable documents include: board financials, annual budget, audit report, income year-to-date, or most recent monthly statements
- Proof of tax status: W9 and/or IRS Determination Letter
- Save & Continue Later: The online application allows you to save your work and come back to it later to finish. If you choose this option, please save the unique hyperlink it provides for you. MOFAS does not have access to retrieve the link or any unsaved work. It is recommended that you enter your email address to send the link directly to your email. The link will expire after 30 days.
- Grant Review Form: This is the scoring guide that the review committee will use when reviewing each application. Applicants will be evaluated on:
- Incorporation of the FASD prevention message
- Overall reach
- Diversity of audience
- Marketing and promotion
- Financial budget
- Past Grantee Highlights (PDF): This document features highly successful past grantee events, and can serve as inspiration when planning your own MOFAS Prevention Event.
- FAQs (PDF): Here you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about the MOFAS Prevention Grants.
MOFAS will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online grant application, please contact Sarah Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-917-2370. Please indicate what assistance you need.
This site is provided to families and professionals as an informative site on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). It is not intended to replace professional medical, psychological, behavioral, legal, nutritional or educational counsel. Reference to any specific agency does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by MOFAS.